Monday, June 2, 2008

Back at the Kook Coffeeshop

Now that the students have all gone to their summer homes, I can safely return to my favorite local coffee shop. It's just me and the kooks.

This morning, I witnessed a young woman introducing her boyfriend to her mother. The mother was obviously caught in that "I'm no old lady" mode: she was wearing clothes intended for teenagers, including the low-riding jeans with exposed thong underwear. Anyway, they chatted about this and that; it all seemed normal. But when the boyfriend excused himself to use the Men's Room, the mother instantly inquired, "He's cute! Are you fucking him yet?"

I suppose I'm getting old....

4 comments:

729 said...

So, what was the daughter's response???

Without the response we can't get a proper reading on the Doom-o-meter.

Spiros said...

729:

The response was, "C'mon, Mom, you know I'm saving myself for marriage..."

No. Actually, I couldn't hear the response. Doesn't the mom-thong put the Doom-o-meter pretty close to 10?

729 said...

The mom-in-thong depends on other factors. For instance, I am pretty old and also wearing a thong, but the world is a better place on account of it. So, a woman's age is insufficient to trip the Doom-o-meter. Some Moms are Milfs, or Cougars (divorced/widowed), and this typically does not trip the Doom-o-meter, though in certain instances, has brought Doom-o-meters to 3.6 (drunken inappropriate flirting being the main cause). Inappropriate behavior by non-Milf Moms is where the Doom-o-meter really trips. "He's cute! Are you fucking him yet?" in combination with the exposed thong is an 8.37. Certain replies would have brought that up to the 9 range. I was just curious.

Spiros said...

729:

Interesting read of the doom-o-meter...