Friday, October 29, 2010

Rec Letter Typo

I was just printing out a recommendation letter for a student. I had a sentence in it about how the student has a background interest in Philosophy of Law, and even has a paper accepted about some current work by Joseph Raz.

I'm glad I caught the typo in the sentence that said: "Ms. Y has recently had a paper accepted for publication at [very good journal name here] on recent work by Rza"

Then again, maybe I should have kept it in? It's about time that philosophers began giving serious attention to the Wu-Tang Clan.

9 comments:

Seamus said...

Then again, it might lead to some awkward email exchanges: "Which Old Dirty Bastard did you mean?"

Anonymous said...

I thought you disliked the whole Pop Culture and Philosophy trend?

Anonymous said...

Sentences speak?

Anonymous said...

I'd leave it in. The committee might infer that the candidate is nothing to fuck with.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing the paper wan't on the well-known philosopher of science Gaz.

Anonymous said...

"I was just printing our a recommendation"

Uh, typo?

Anonymous said...

Bill Murray!

Spiros said...

6:26,

Corrected now. Thanks, jerk.

Pound Foolish said...

P H I L O S O P H I C A L M E T H O D man. P H I L O S O P H I C A L M E T H O D man. Here I am, here I am, the Philosophical Method Man...


Word Verification: Phytt (and my new term for a philosophical disagreement).